Friday things

Here are five things that made my week awesome!

1. Albany Eastern vintage EX-Southern Pacific locomotives. 

These pass by behind my house almost daily. It's always fun to watch what new trains the local company here buys and runs along the short line tracks. Side note: The orange engine (1750) has been away from Lebanon for around 10 years and is back now and running with 5399 (Black one) on excursions (Learn more about Santiam Excursions HERE or about AERC  HERE                                                
2. This rainy shot.

Hardy (my dog) and I took a walk toward the store and my parents were behind me in the car. We happened to both get stopped at the train tracks when 5931 was passing by. My mom snapped a picture of me watching the train. Good picture, I think.

3. Free ice cream cone.

I had a coin for a free ice cream cone at the local A & W here and my dog Hardy shared it with me. Makes me think of my dog Baz. He used to love to share the ice cream cones with me too. I miss him a lot, but having Hardy follow in Baz's footsteps comforts me a lot.



4. Happy-the duck's water perch.

I made a rock perch for our duck Happy so that she can dip her head into the water without getting fully wet. Of course, lately it's been raining a lot and she gets wet anyway, but this summer she will really like it when she swims around and can jump out quick, or just drink some water and not have to get completely wet.

5. Vintage Arkansas license plate.

I found this Arkansas license plate at a flea market at the Linn County Fair last week. There was a big box at the flea market and I was digging through it and got lucky in finding this Arkansas plate. I think this color of plate for Arkansas was issues around 1960.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Have a great day!